We are looking for a Water Operative to join us to carry out pressure testing & chlorination of water mains, mains connections & services in central Scotland.
About the Role
The Water Operative will work, either as an individual or as part of a team, to carry out pressure testing & chlorination of water mains, mains connections & services. This is an operational post and physical demands such as manual handling, carrying, bending, kneeling and working on-site are required as part of the job. Appropriate PPE shall be provided, including where necessary specialist PPE, such as eye protection and where appropriate, relevant training shall be provided.
Key duties include:
- Pressure testing, chlorination & sampling of new water mains of installations as required, meeting all legislative requirements. This could include but not limited to:
- Mains connections various sizes
- Swabbing & flushing of mains pipework
- Pressure testing of mains pipework including use of test pressure pumps, flow meters, pressure gauges & pressure loggers
- Chlorination of mains pipework including use of comparator test kits, sodium hypochlorite solutions and / or chlorine tablets, dosing units
- Flushing & sampling of mains pipework
- De-chlorination & flushing of mains pipework
- Assist, identify and diagnose if any leaks occur.
- Liaise with developers/contractors to provide a first-class service.
- Keep records of work undertaken, including maintenance & monitoring work.
- Comply with H&S policies and carry out on-site risk assessments for jobs undertaken.
- Standby, all operatives must participate in the out of hours work if required.
- Ensure the site of the job is left clean and safe.
- Attend team meetings, performance reviews, training, etc as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the management.
What we are looking for
Education and Qualifications:
- A EUSR SHEA Water Card
- A EUSR National Water Hygiene Card
- Qualifications at minimum, Doms with units 1-12 and unit 13 sampling would be an advantage also
- NCO level 2 in water would be an advantage.
- Excavator 360 below 10 ton would be an advantage
- A Chlorination certificate is desirable.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience & appropriate training of pressure testing & chlorination of water mains in a utilities background
- Working knowledge of BS 8558:2015, testing of services
- Working knowledge of Scottish Water Supply Regulations & Byelaws
- A full driving licence
- Understanding of utility/ construction sector and working knowledge of all current Health and Safety legislation and best practice desirable
- Ability to effectively plan workloads, identify areas of potential failure and take preventative action.
- Flexibility is essential, together with excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people
What we can offer you
- Excellent Starting Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme at 15% of annual salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
- Holiday Buy Back
- 7% Company Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 4pm finish on a Friday
- Employee Assistance Programme