Due to continued and rapid expansion, we are seeking to build on our already passionate & loyal delivery teams with Trainee Assistant Project Manager/s.
About the Role
The main purpose of the Trainee Assistant Project Manager role is to assist and support in the successful delivery of new multi-utility connection projects, under the supervision of Project Managers. The successful candidate will follow a structured training and development programme, which will last approximately 2 years. On completion of this programme, you will be ready to progress into a Project Manager role, with full responsibility for your own projects.
Key duties include:
- Assist the Project Managers in the leadership supervision of internal and external staff
- Responsible for project safety, cost, and quality
- Work with assigned Project Managers and others, to help achieve their respective project objectives
- Provide support to the operation and construction of multi-utility installations, ensuring projected timescales and customer requirements are met.
- Procurement of required plant, materials, and major plant.
- Liaise with Local Authorities regarding street works
- Arrange and submit any road opening notices, managing the project notices, monitoring through to project completion within the stipulated timeframe.
- Identify, implement, and maintain procedures that ensure compliance with technical specifications, consider requirements for notices and communications specific to the adopting utility areas.
- Manage regular and routine correspondence with internal and external stakeholders to control and deliver onsite requirements.
- Provide onsite support for customer enquiries and assist with successful resolution
- Prepare and provide operational work packs that capture the overall job requirements e.g., the extent of the work including layout and as necessary, the specific limits of the work to be carried out.
- Contributing to the implementation and supervision of Health, Safety and Welfare onsite.
- Develop and provide support at operational toolbox talks and assist with the creation of training presentations The above outlines the general duties and responsibilities, other temporary duties may be assigned as and when required by the leadership team.
What we are looking for
Education and Qualifications:
- Qualification in City & Guild, Ordinary National Certificate
- Higher National Certificate & Degree or qualifications in a similar discipline will be viewed favourably
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of utility/ construction sector or technical equivalent
- Understanding of financial budgets
- Interpretation of technical information for installing gas and water services as per our GIRS, NERS & WIRS Accreditation
- Identify industrial hazards and health and safety precautions.
- Ability to apply Company design/planning procedures and requirements.
- IT literacy and ability to use computer packages to the area of work. Numerate and accurate when working with figures.
- Ability to use Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Access Databases.
- Customer service obsession approach
- Willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Takes ownership outside of their area of responsibility
- Strong Communicator, Flexible, willing to adapt to new tasks and duties.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm, and doesn’t apportion blame
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organised, methodical approach to work with excellent time management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle all matters confidentially
- Team player able to work across all internal and external stakeholders
What we can offer you
- Excellent Starting Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme at 15% of annual salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
- Holiday Buy Back
- 7% Company Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- 4pm finish on a Friday
- Employee Assistance Programme