The Technical and Operational Development Manager is an exciting new senior role based in our Head Office in Hamilton.
The Technical and Operations Development Manager is accountable and responsible for the Technical Team, designing and implementing Operational strategic plans. The key objectives are to lead the Technical Team and develop Operational strategies and plans to support business growth.
About the Role
You will be a senior operational lead, supporting the design and delivery of projects and frameworks in your respective workstream, ultimately contributing to business plan goals. You will provide workstream-specific knowledge and expertise to the operations leadership team and the wider business to ensure that future work opportunities are achieved, risks are identified and mitigated, and operational excellence and optimized workstream delivery efficiencies are accomplished.
Key duties include:
• Leading the proposal and delivery of a number of key strategic initiatives that build operational capability and improve efficiency.
• Ensuring changes required across people, systems and processes are mapped out, delivered and embedded, managing resistance and conflict appropriately.
• Collaborating with the key stakeholders to define what the future operating model looks like
• Using data and constant innovative thinking to identify opportunities to improve the way things are done.
• Developing operational business cases to ensure prioritisation of initiatives that better critical KPIs.
• Achieve industry-leading workstream delivery to time, cost, budget, quality, safety and customer service standards,
• Set SMART objectives, conduct regular review meetings and annual appraisals for Technical Supervisors.
• Ensure clear evidence of effective and frequent performance reviews and executable development plans.
What we are looking for
HNC in an engineering discipline or similar appropriate and equivalent qualification or at least 5 years’ experience in a management/ similar position.
Proven leadership experience in operations and operational development.
Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to engage and influence people at all levels within an organisation.
Excellent analytical and data management skills.
A driven attitude with the desire to succeed, develop and take on more responsibility.
Experience of working under legislatively environment.
Excellent organisational planning and lead by example time management skills.
Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability and attention to detail.
Excellent communication, team working and customer service skills.
Tactical and Strategic project work experience.
Health & Safety qualification including Site Safety training, IOSH, NEBOSH, etc.
Experience operating in the utility or construction industries, or similar sectors desirable.
What we can offer you
This is a dynamic and ambitious role. We are looking for a senior leader to drive performance and efficiencies in our operational teams and deliver key strategic projects across the region. We have a great office environment, a positive culture and strive to be an employer of choice. We reward our employees well and offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.
Excellent Starting Salary
Company Bonus Scheme
25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
Holiday Buy Back
7% Company Pension Contributions
Private Medical Insurance
Company Car or Car Allowance