We are looking for a Stores Coordinator based in our Warrington depot to manage daily the operational stock requirement ensuring all materials are available as and when required. The Stores Coordinator will develop and put into practice ordering processes to help the Company achieve maximum efficiencies.
About the Role
Key duties include:
- Liaise closely with the Team Leaders to ensure all Operations staff (Jointers, Mains/Service Layers, and Assistants) have the materials required in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Liaise closely with suppliers, understanding their lead times and delivery schedules.
- Develop and put into practice ordering processes to help the Company achieve maximum efficiencies.
- Understand the material specifications required.
- Update and maintain relevant stock control systems, databases, and reports.
- Responsible for the environmental requirements in an operational depot such as, bunds, drains, spill trays, mobile plant, depot tidiness, spill kits and skips.
- Ensure that all fences, gates, and yard are free from damage and all materials, equipment are always secured.
- Carry out regular stock checks and report these to the Operations
- Support Manager as and when required (reports should be produced at regular intervals).
- Inform the Operations Manager, Team Leaders of potential problems immediately.
- Ensure material wastage within the depot is at an absolute minimum.
- Take ownership of overall process and actively resolve issues.
- Maintaining cleanliness and order in the Stores/Warehouse and complying with all health and safety safe systems of work.
- Act as Key Holder to open the warehouse / yard in a morning and to ensure warehouse and yard is secured upon leaving.
- Operate and maintain the forklift truck and carry out daily checks as per requirements.
- Operate and maintain all company waste skips in the yard area.
What we are looking for
- Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licence.
- Full driving licence.
- Experience of working in a similar environment
- Understanding of storage safety norms.
- Manual Handling and Health and Safety qualification
- IT literacy and ability to use computer packages to area of work.
- Numerate and accurate when working with figures.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to make decisions and to prioritise within remit of post.
- Organised, methodical approach to work.
What we can offer you
This is an integral role working in a business that is focused on continuous improvement to drive performance. This is a role where you will be able to see first-hand the impact of your work. We have a great team spirit, a positive culture and strive to be an employer of choice. There are plenty of career opportunities for the right person. We reward our employees well and offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.
Excellent Starting Salary
Company Bonus Scheme at 10% of annual salary
25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
Holiday Buy Back
7% Company Pension Contributions
Employee Assistance Programme