We are currently looking for a Project Manager to be responsible for the delivery of utility construction projects from award through to project closure in Scotland and the North. Projects may range in size from medium sized housing developments of £50k contract value to multi-million pound commercial or multi-year housing developments. Could you power up your career with Energetics?
About the role:
The key objectives of our Project Manager, Scotland and North are to ensure that the client’s contracted requirements and timescales are met and that the projects are delivered safely, to budget, on time, to scope and quality for adoption by the asset owners.
- Project Manage multi-utility projects in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Plan and schedule onsite and offsite works and associated connections with the scheduling team.
- Order all major plant and associated enclosures to the correct specification and design.
- Is responsible for full compliance with the planning and submission of NRSWA Section 74 and Permits.
- Work with the Operations Manager to forecast resource requirements and ensure sufficient resources are available to deliver the project.
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of Health, Safety and Quality always and take the lead role for health, safety, and work quality on each project to ensure that safe working practices are maintained.
- Prepare project specific RAMS and communicate they to our team and submit to the client prior for their internal approval.
- Be responsible for delivery of the project financials, including margin and cash flow, and work closely with the QS to ensure appropriate commercial resolution of variations (VO) and disputes
For more information see the full job description
What we are looking for
- HNC in an engineering discipline or similar appropriate and equivalent qualification or at least 5 years’ experience holding a similar position.Desirable:
- Health & Safety qualification including Site Safety training
- IOSH, NEBOSH, etc.
- NVQ Level 3 in Gas/ Water/Electricity Networks
Other skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience operating in the utility or construction industries, or similar sectors
- Excellent organisational planning and time management skills.
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Commercial acuity and demonstrable project, financial and contract management skills
- Excellent communication, team working and customer service skills
- Good IT skills.
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person. In return for your hard work we will offer you an exciting, challenging role with lots of support in a dynamic business.
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Gross Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Discretionary Bonus up to 15% of Gross Annual Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay