We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Operations Team and be responsible for the delivery of utility construction projects in the East of Scotland from award through to project closure.
About the Role
The Project Manager is accountable and responsible for the delivery of utility construction projects from award through to project closure. The key objectives are to ensure that the client’s contracted requirements and timescales are met and that the projects are delivered safely, to budget, on time, to scope and quality for adoption by the asset owners.
Key duties include:
• Is responsible for full compliance with the planning and submission of NRSWA Noticing to ensure that the Multi Utility Supervisors are compliant with the live notices.
• Work with the Operations Manager to forecast resource requirements and ensure sufficient resources are available to deliver the project.
• Responsible for, and take the lead role for health, safety, and work quality on each project to ensure that safe working practices are always maintained.
• Be responsible for delivery of the project financials, including margin and cash flow, and work closely with the QS to ensure appropriate commercial resolution of variations (VO) and disputes
• Arrange and attend client pre-start and progress meeting to agree timescales, costs and resources required.
• Liaise with DNO’s, IDNO’s, GT’s, IGT’s and Water Companies for final connections.
What we are looking for
• HNC in an engineering discipline or similar appropriate and equivalent qualification or at least 5 years’ experience holding a similar position
• Health & Safety qualification including Site Safety training etc
• Experience operating in the utility or construction industries, or similar sectors
• Excellent organisational planning and time management skills
• Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability
• Attention to detail.
• Commercial acuity and demonstrable project, financial and contract management skills
• Excellent communication, team working and customer service skills
• Working knowledge of CDM Regulations
What we can offer you
This is an integral role working in a business that is focused on continuous improvement to drive performance and sales. This is a role where you will be able to see first-hand the impact of your work. We have a great office environment, a positive culture and strive to be an employer of choice. We reward our employees well and offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.
• Excellent Starting Salary
• Company Bonus Scheme at 15% of annual salary
• 25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
• Holiday Buy Back
• 7% Company Pension Contributions
• Life Assurance
• 4pm finish on a Friday
• Employee Assistance Programme