We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead our North Operations teams. Based from our Warrington office the Operations Manager has full accountability and responsibility for the offsite and onsite delivery of utility construction projects within the region. Their primary focus is to ensure that the programmed works are delivered safely, efficiently and in line with customer expectations.
About the Role
The Operations Manager will support the Associate Director Operations in the preparation of company budgets, strategic plans and contribute to the development, communication and ultimately the delivery of these plans within their area of responsibility.
• Day to day management of the operations department and ensuring that they are undertaking their roles in accordance with Energetics requirements.
• Promote and demonstrate a culture of Health, Safety and Quality at all times.
• Conduct weekly meetings with direct line staff and ensue that they are fulfilling their role and managing their projects from an operational and commercial perspective.
• Conduct Monthly meetings with contractors to review quality, safety, and production.
• Conduct Monthly meetings with plant and material suppliers to review their current service levels and resolve any issues or disputes.
• Arrange annual framework reviews with plant and material suppliers along with Commercial to ensure we are achieving the best prices and service.
• Undertake a lead role in supporting the scheduling team, reviewing the programmed works in conjunction with the Project Managers and Site Supervisors and forecasting resource requirements to deliver the programme.
• Has full accountability and responsibility for ensuring the Project Managers and Supervisors are fully compliant with managing all offsite works under NRSWA Section 74 and Permit Schemes.
• Ensure that Monthly TBT are undertaken with all operatives (Direct Labour & Subcontractors)
• Manage any project issues and support the team in the resolution of challenges on their projects.
• Responsible for the implementation of best practice processes and procedures and driving continual improvement within the team.
• Review monthly CVR reports and drive improvements where required.
• Ensure all sub-contractors engaged on projects are done so in line with company processes and requirements and that they have all the relevant training tickets/qualification, competency and health and safety training.
• Develop good relationships with the Client and the Clients representatives including the Technical and Construction teams.
• Ensure that safe working practices are always maintained
• Responsible for and take lead role for health, safety and work quality ensuring all Corrective Actions are closed off in the agreed timescales.
• Use improved working techniques to increase efficiency.
• Manage the intake of new operatives and teams ensuring that all new teams are suitably qualified and fit for work. Ensure that all new staff are inducted and set to work in accordance with company policies.
• Set SMART objectives, conduct regular review meetings and annual appraisals for Project Managers, Technical Engineers and Supervisors.
What we are looking for
- HNC – Electrical Engineering or similar equivalent qualification
- IOSH or SMSTS
- NRSWA Supervisor Qualification
- Experience Managing a Team
- Experience operating in a Multi-utility industry
- Excellent organisational planning and time management skills
- Logical thinking with creative problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- NRSWA Noticing & Permit Legislation
- Understanding of commercial costs, CVR’s and budget control
- Technical skills relevant to the project
- Good IT skills
- Understanding of water Self Lay Process relationships with incumbent network
- Electrical Experience operating as an ICP or for an IDNO
- Gas Experience operating as an ICP or for an IGT
What we can offer you
This is a dynamic and ambitious role. We are looking for a senior leader to drive performance and efficiencies in our operational teams and deliver key strategic projects across the region. We have a great office environment, a positive culture and strive to be an employer of choice. We reward our employees well and offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.
- Excellent Starting Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme at 15% of annual salary
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
- Holiday Buy Back
- 7% Company Pension Contributions
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Car or Car Allowance