We are currently looking for a Multi-Utility Supervisor, Yorkshire to ensure that the work planned is achievable, that the site is ready for construction, and the materials and plant have been ordered to the correct specification and are available on time. Could you power up your career with Energetics?
About the role:
As Multi-Utility Supervisor, Yorkshire, you will be responsible for the management and motivation of multi-disciplined operational teams and subcontractors. You will ensure all planned work is undertaken in line with the approved designs and to the highest standards of health, safety, and quality.
- Day to day management of multi skilled operatives (both direct labour and subcontractors) and driving team productivity.
- Supervise the onsite and offsite delivery of construction projects in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure full compliance with live Section 74 notices and Permits, including starting, closing and registration details to eradicate any Section 74 overrun fines and Fixed Penalty Notices.
- Maintain morale and instil a can do, customer focused attitude into all craft teams.
- Demonstrate, implement, and enforce high standards of workmanship and safety in all areas. This includes the work of subcontractors employed to undertake work on behalf of Energetics.
- Conduct monthly audits on operational teams to ensure high standards of work and equipment maintenance including conducting remedial action where required and closing out any correct action in a timely manner.
- Carry out accident and incident investigations and produce a full report outlining the root causes, learning points, together with actions that need to be taken to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Support the scheduling team by reviewing the programme in advance and providing feedback to ensure teams are deployed in the most effective way.
- Work with the Operations Manager and Project Manager to forecast resource requirements and ensure sufficient resources are available to deliver the project. Feedback any concerns or potential resource issues in advance of the planned dates.
For more information please see the full job description
What we are looking for
- Craft Qualification, Apprenticeship or equivalent
- NRSWA Supervisor Qualification
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- NVQ Level 3 Supervisory
- Minimum 3 years Supervisory experience
- Previous man-management experience in utilities or related construction sector
- Health & Safety qualification including Site Safety training
- IOSH, CDM, etc.
- NVQ Level 3 in Gas/ Water/Electricity Networks
Other skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Relevant experience operating in the utility or industry
- Site Safety Training, with working knowledge of CDM Regulations, Industrial hazards and Health and Safety
- Strong communication skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Excellent organisational planning and time management skills.
- Experience managing projects in line with CDM
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability and an attention to detail
- Commercial acuity and demonstrable project, financial and contract management skills
- Excellent communication, team working and customer service skills
- Ability to lead a team.
- Good IT skills.
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person. In return for your hard work we will offer you an exciting, challenging role with lots of support in a dynamic business.
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Gross Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Discretionary Bonus up to 15% of Gross Annual Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay