We are looking for an experienced Cable Jointing Team to join us! Based in Yorkshire the team will be responsible for the completion of electrical mains and service jointing/lateral works. The key objectives for the team are to ensure that the client’s contracted requirements and timescales are met and that the projects are delivered safely, to budget, on time, to scope and quality for adoption by the asset owners.
About the Role
Key duties include:
• Ensure that safe working practices are maintained at all times
• Responsible for and take lead role for health, safety and work quality on each jointing operation
• Ensure all works are to specification and meet quality requirements to allow adoption of networks from upstream Asset Owner (DNO/IDNO)
• To be flexible and work safely and efficiently on clients’/asset distribution systems
• Responsible for and take the lead role for health, safety, and work quality on each project to ensure that safe working practices are always maintained
What we are looking for
• City and Guilds – Apprenticeship served in Electricity Supply Industry.
• Authorisations for various Distribution Network Operators.
• Experience and understanding of Safety Rules and Specifications
• Experience of Low Voltage Jointing Processes ie Waveform – PILC.
• Experience of Lateral and MSDB installations.
• Experience of High Voltage Jointing ie PILC, PICAS, XLPE/Polymeric.
• Experience of substation works upto 11kV
• Experience operating in the utility or construction industries, or similar sectors
• Excellent organisational planning and time management skills.
• Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication, team working and customer service skills
• Working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
What we can offer you
This is an integral role working in a business that is focused on continuous improvement to drive performance and sales. This is a role where you will be able to see first-hand the impact of your work. We have a positive workplace culture and strive to be an employer of choice. We reward our employees well and offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.
• Excellent Starting Salary
• Company Bonus Scheme at 10% of annual salary
• 25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
• Holiday Buy Back
• 7% Company Pension Contributions
• Life Assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme